Find What you're looking for easily

Monday 16 December 2013

Christmas Plans!

I make no secret of it, this is my absolute favourite time of year! This year is even more special as Cameron understands so much more now and is really excited for Christmas day! I cannot wait to see his little face on Christmas morning when he opens up his presents. Carly doesn't really understand what is going on just yet but she does love the pretty Christmas tree and playing with the wrapping paper!

And it isn't just about the material things, I am equally as excited to share some Christmas day traditions of our family with the kids. This is how we spend Christma...

On Christmas Eve we will usually attend a church service with the children, have dinner and a Christmas film and then let the children open their Christmas Eve presents of a pair of pjs before setting out the snacks for Santa and putting them to bed. This year my mum, nan and I will be going to midnight mass at the church me and Tim are getting married in, whilst Tim stays at home and looks after the children.

Our Christmas Day:

8.30am approx:





                                          Wake up to bacon sandwiches and Bucks Fizz

9am:



                                                                           Presents

10am:

                                                                           Cooking

11.30am:





                                         Walk along the beach to visit my Granddad's bench

1pm:

                                             Cooking whilst Christmas TV or a film is on (plus more presents)

2.30pm:





                                                               Christmas Lunch

3pm:




                                                            Queen's Speech for my nan

4pm:



Usually at this time we would be laid on the settee feeling full or playing with the kid's presents, this year my dad and sister are staying in a hotel in Bournemouth so we will probably be seeing them at some point in the afternoon.

7pm:

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without some traditional Christmas TV. Even though me and my mum don't watch Eastenders regularly, we always end up watching it over the Christmas period. I also love watching the reruns of things like the Gavin and Stacey Christmas episodes and the Vicar of Dibley episode where she has all the Christmas Dinners.
 
8pm:
 
In the evening we usually just have some snack food like sausage rolls, turkey sandwiches and crisps. And some more Bucks Fizz or wine too...


Boxing day is spent sales shopping and meeting up with family. My mum also loves having left over turkey with chips!

Do you have any Christmas traditions in your family? I'd love to hear about them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...