Find What you're looking for easily

Monday 5 November 2012

Pregnancy Update: 39 Weeks!

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"It's all about watching and waiting now, as your baby could arrive any day. Your baby could be up to 50cm long, and weigh about 3kg. But that's only an average figure. As soon as your baby is born, your midwife will weigh him, and it's only then you'll know for sure how much he weighs
And if the week passes and there's still no baby? Try not to worry – babies have a habit of not arriving on their scheduled due date. Most doctors wait another two weeks before considering a pregnancy overdue".

What I feel this week:

I am definitely starting to get impatient now. There is also now the worry that the baby will come when it is not a good time as I have events coming up at the end of this week! I am due a week today but due to having constant migraines, the hospital eventually have agreed to allow me to have a sweep done on Wednesday, which if favourable, might help me to go into labour. If that one doesn't work I will hopefully have another one the week after and if that doesn't work either I have been told I will be allowed an induction a few days early when I would be 41+2. I have been given an estimated weight of 7'5 which scares me a bit as Cameron was only 6'9 at birth and the baby is still in there growing, but I just have to remind myself that the baby is healthy and happy and that is really all that matters. I am getting so fed up of people telling me that the baby will come when she is ready as I know this, I am just very uncomfortable now and not getting any sleep anyway so might as well have her here to keep me up at night!


What's going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Your baby is shedding the greasy, white substance (vernix caseosa) which has been protecting his skin. This turns the amniotic fluid, which was once clear, pale and milky. The outer layers of your baby's skin are also sloughing off as new skin forms underneath".

What my baby looks like inside this week:


What my bump looks like this week:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...