Find What you're looking for easily

Monday 22 October 2012

Pregnancy Update: 37 Weeks!

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"Around now many women start worrying about whether they will know if they are in labour".

So, not much!


What I feel this week:

To be honest, I am a little worried I won't know whether I am properly in labour or not as I didn't go into labour naturally with Cameron. I have had a couple of false alarms over the last few weeks which have had me wondering but the contractions always went away after half an hour. I am more impatient now than anything else. I am now classed as full term which means that the baby could come at any time. I also know that the due date is just an estimate and that the baby could be up to two weeks late.... I have started doing some of the old wives tales to help baby along including drinking vile tasting raspberry leaf tea, bouncing on my birth ball, going for walks and eating spicy foods. This lunchtime I have a vindaloo curry to eat- argh! I don't think any of these actually do work, but at least I will feel like I am doing something to pass the time at least. My mum wants the baby to come during her half term so that she can be around to help, I would be happy with that as it is next week when I will be 38 weeks and no doubt even more impatient!


What's going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Your baby weighs close to 2.8kg and may be about 48.6cm long from head to toe. Your baby's head is now cradled in your pelvic cavity – surrounded and protected by your pelvic bones. This position clears some much-needed space for her growing legs and buttocks.
Many babies now have a full head of hair, with locks up to 3.5cm long. And then, of course, some babies don't have any hair at all. Speaking of hair, most of the downy coat of lanugo that covered your baby from 26 weeks has disappeared, and so has most of the vernix caseosa, the protective whitish substance that also covered her. Your baby will swallow her lanugo and exterior coating, along with other secretions, and store them in her bowels. These will become her first poo, a blackish waste called meconium".
What my baby looks like inside this week:

What my bump looks like this week:

Full term baby bump!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...