Find What you're looking for easily

Monday 8 October 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 35 Weeks!

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"There's much less amniotic fluid and much more baby in your uterus. You've probably put on between 11kg and 13.6kg and your weight gain has hit its peak. Even your belly button has got bigger and has popped outward. You may be feeling breathless and get indigestion now that the top of your uterus is up under your ribs.

Try getting down on all fours to take deeper breaths. See our photo gallery for how to ease late pregnancy aches. Although the pressure on your bladder will make the bathroom your second home, don't drink any less water – your baby needs the fluids. But you may like to cut down on drinks that make you wee more frequently, because they are diuretics. These include tea and coffee".



What I feel this week:

I don't think there is less amniotic fluid than baby for me as I have high levels, but I have definitely put on a lot of weight over the last few weeks. My belly button is totally out and makes a weird little bump under my clothes now- sexy... I feel the baby has dropped a bit which means I am actually finding it easier to breathe than I was a few weeks ago. I have been getting down on my hands and knees occassionally but this has been more to make sure the baby hasn't turned round and gone breech, and to help when I have a tummy ache (which seems to have been happening more often lately). I have been needing the toilet lots, nothing new for me really though. I am getting a bit nervous as well as excited now the home stretch is in sight. With only two weeks now until I am full term I am starting to think of things I can do once I get to that stage to help nature a little. I will be buying raspberry leaf capsules next week in preparation. Although they don't help induce labour, they are meant to help tone your uterus thus making labour shorter and less painful. I took them with Cameron and my established labour was six and a half hours with 43 minutes pushing so I think they are worth a shot.

What's going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Your baby now weighs about 2.4kg and measures around 46cm from head to toe. His elbows, feet or head may protrude from your stomach when he stretches and squirms about. Soon, as the wall of your uterus (womb) and your belly stretch thinner and let in more light, your baby will begin to develop daily activity cycles.
This week, your little one is sporting full-length fingernails and toenails and has a fully developed pair of kidneys. His liver can also process some waste products".

What my baby looks like inside this week:



What my bump looks like this week:

Getting even bigger!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...