Find What you're looking for easily

Tuesday 3 July 2012

List Upon List

I have a confession to make.

I am an addict.

Not to any of the usual suspects; I don't do drugs or smoke and am even off the alcohol 100% during this pregnancy. My addiction is a rather embarrassing one. I am addicted to writing lists, to being ultra organised and prepared for everything and anything that (ever) comes my way. Usually I have around four or five lists on the go at a time.



I mainly keep them on my notes section of my iPhone as it is easy to keep track of what needs to be done on the go, and to cross things off I just have to delete. My current iPhone lists include a 'Things to do for the new car' list, a 'what I need to do in preparation for the baby' list, a 'what I want to film for the bbc3 show' list and of course, my daily to do list.

This morning both myself and Cameron haven't been feeling very well so instead of going out, I have ended up writing about a million lists whilst Cameron keeps himself occupied with his toys and In the Night Garden obsession (I'm not the only one of us with an addiction, his is Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy).

I started by planning Cameron's second birthday party (yes, I am fully aware he doesn't turn two for another two and a half months...). After sourcing out all the In the Night Garden party bits and pieces I could think of and noting them down for nearer the time (I wanted to buy them then and there but being organised doesn't make me rich, sadly), I then moved onto my Baby Shower which is going to be held the day after Cameron's party.

I know, I know, someone else is meant to host the baby shower for me, but seriously, do you see someone as hyper organised as me allowing someone else to take over the planning? I of course will let my mum help nearer the time but for now I have let myself go mad on a pink themed tea party afternoon complete with party rings, pink cupcakes and even pink champagne (shame I won't be having any!).



Having planned all I could of the two September events (right down to when I should Facebook invite and properly invite people to both events, as well as when I should buy the decorations and food) I turned my attention to my mum's fiftieth birthday party, which is going to be held just a couple of days before my due date (eek!) as my mum's birthday is two days after I am due. This one is the hardest to plan on my own as my mum isn't one for surprises so I need her to help make most of the decisions. It is also the most urgent and expensive event as it will be for around forty to fifty people and a venue needs to be booked well in advance.



After planning the major events, I went onto scheduling in minor events, trips and people visiting over Summer. I have a printed out calendar for each month for this and, although August and October are both looking much too bare for my liking, I am slightly embarrassed to admit that July is now looking totally booked up with swimming trips, drama classes, visits to both Newcastle and Paris and hopefully a visit from a friend at the end of the month.

Finally, I have just written a shopping list for this afternoon's food shop...

Phew, I've got my list fix for today....

Do any of my readers write lists for everything?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...