Find What you're looking for easily

Monday 30 May 2011

A slight change of plan....

Ok so as you probably heard by now, I have been wanting to set up my own events business asap for ages!

My business card!
  
I still want to do that, but I have been thinking and come to a realisation that it simply doesn't make financial sense to just start a business when I
a) don't have enough experience to gain enough clients yet and
b) would have barely any money coming in, have a baby that needed childcare and any money from the government would be cut at the first mention of owning a business...

So.... I have come to a decision on a slight change of plan that will combat both these issues. I am going to take a GAP YEAR!!

Yes, this is usally something you do between school and uni and involves either working and then travelling or just travelling the entire year. Not very practical with a baby you say? Well luckily I never had the travelling across the World bug, that was my brother and he has been there, done that and got the t-shirt (and the £1000 phone bill, but that's a story for another day!).

Drop a pin?

I will be travelling as part of my gap year, but only across the UK. I aim to visit people I have neglected this year, friends and family across the country who would benefit from a bit of Emma and Cameron loving. I haven't worked out who I will be visiting, so haven't looked into where I will be going exactly (though some definite places include my dad and sister in Essex and Katie and Louise in Kent, along with my family who live there). I aim to spread the travelling out a bit, as it doesn't need to all be done at once. This way I can save up some pennies and visit for a few days at a time.

I am actually so excited about this idea that I KNOW it is right for me. It had not crossed my mind to take a step back and actually breathe and live a little before getting tied down in one place forever more with the responsibilities of an actual business.

I will, however, be starting things up slowly for my business, encorporating business into my travel, which enables me to be flexible and arrange events all the way across the UK if necessary. I will be offering a free event planning service to friends, family and friends of friends, as well as advertising myself as somebody gaining experience for free. I aim to build up a portfolio from these events as well as happy testimonials which will be a good tool for when I actually set up my business properly next year!

A portfolio will show my experience in planning events!

I also aim to take lots of photos of my travels and experiences to entertain all my readers of my blog, it should be interesting times ahead!

I love taking photos!!
Do you have any ideas of places me and Cameron could visit next year? Or know of anyone who could hire a free event planner between September 2011 and May 2012? Get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...