Find What you're looking for easily

Saturday 30 April 2011

A little update as I miss Blogging... My Birthday so far!

I am in the middle of my birthday weekend, though my plans have gone a little wrong due to people not being able to join me in celebrating my birthday after all.....

Luckily I have the most amazing family ever and my birthday was saved from disaster today by my wonderful mum who took me out for dinner and cocktails whilst Cameron was looked after, which gave me a break. We then came back to hers to watch Dear John and eat strawberries and chocolate buttons, mmmm!

At Frankie and Benny's with my yummy Strawberry Daquiri mmmm

Mum stealing my drink!


I am also looking forward to going out for a few drinks tomorrow night with my brother and cousin, both of whom are travelling back to Bournemouth just for my birthday so I am very grateful!

Apart from the slight glitch in plans for tonight and tomorrow night, my other celebrations have gone well. On thursday afternoon I left for Weymouth with my mum and Cameron and we had a great night and day there. The hotel was gorgeous and we went out for a lovely meal before going for a walk along the promenade and stopping off at an arcade where I won Cameron a bright pink fish toy. Back at the hotel we watched Big Fat Gypsy Royal Wedding with wine and chocolate in our comfy hotel bed and then once mum was asleep I watched Family Guy and Don't Tell the Bride the best bits, love a bit of TV once Cameron is fast asleep!

Hotel room!

At meal in Weymouth

Searching for pennies to feed the toy machine!

The next morning, despite being determined not to, I ended up watching the Royal Wedding on TV, with a short break at half 8 to have a lovely cooked breakfast. Check out was at 11am latest, but we were ten minutes late as we were stood watching Kate Middleton walk down the aisle. We didn't see the rest of the wedding, but did manage to see them leave for their house in the Aston Martin, and the summing up, once we got back to Bournemouth. Instead, we went to the Sealife Centre which cost a bomb but luckily Cameron loved it. He really seems to like fish so I am going to get him one as part of his birthday present, though obviously I will be the one looking after the fish, as he is a bit young! We drove back towards home, stopping off at a lovely but overpriced restaurant where we had some lunch.

At the Sealife Centre with my little man!

That night, my mum had Cameron so I had some lovely time not being 'mummy', watching a film with my uni friends and having some wine and snacks. We ordered pizza and had a bit of a carpet picnic feast going on. We watched tv and just had a bit of a catch up and a laugh before falling into bed. I managed to have the best nights sleep in ages, though I was up early out of habit! Today I have been hanging out with Cameron and my mum. We did some shopping and I bought a gorgeous swimming costume for my spa day on Monday as I have been eating a lot over this weekend and feel a bikini, on my birthday might not be the best of ideas to make me feel great! We also got the food for my birthday tea, which is a bit of a tradition, very excited about it as we got loads of yummy things, and a little birthday cake so I can still blow out my candles (big kid!).

Tomorrow I am going for a lovely Sunday lunch over my nan's with some of the family, and then in the evening going for some drinks so I get to dress up a bit and have some more let my hair down time. I will be staying at my mum's so I can wake up there and open my presents before going off to the spa with my friend Sealy. Then it's back to my mum's for the birthday tea.

Hope everyone else is having a great bank holiday weekend, and if you watched the wedding on Friday, how amazing was her dress?! Made me wedding broody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...