Find What you're looking for easily

Wednesday 26 January 2011

My 'take on town'!

I went out for the first time properly since having Cameron on Friday night and it was great fun! I actually let my hair down for once and had a really nice time.


me and my girlies

However, I do feel that town really isn't for me as much anymore. I'm not sure if it's because I am a mum now or just because I have grown up a bit and looked at it a different way but being in a bar I noticed a really sexist element to the set up of a night out!

I was wearing a very short purple strapless dress with shoe boots and felt confident, but the atmosphere in a bar is just like a meat market with the guys looking you up and down like you're nothing but a piece of meat  
my outfit!
and pitting you up against your friends, even if you don't want to be (or even like the men!)

I was taking a photo of me and my two friends when a guy grabbed my arm and said something along the lines of did I want more people in mt photo. I am know for my harsh use of words when it comes to men and I simply said no, to which he replied with 'That's really rude'. I ignored him, but why is that rude? I don't want to be hit on when trying to take a photo of me and my friends having a good time!

I had a guy start talking to me by the bar. He seemed ok and was being flirty until I pulled my friend Geoirgie into the conversation as she was standing looking lonely and after he kissed us both on the cheek, he said I had rolled my eyes and turned and walked off and refused to look at me for the rest of the night. Childish!

 
Me and Georgie :)


Strawberry shots!

I was then hit on later on in the night by a guy wearing a suit (yes, a full on suit in a bar!). He asked me a question, which I didn't hear as the music was so loud and when I tried to explain this, he got annoyed, So followed us 'dancing' akwardly (I can't dance in situations like that!) and him telling me he was 'kind of single'... WTF?!

I have decided from this night out that I would never meet a man I actually liked in a bar, so it's back to the dating sites I go! I did have a really good night with my friends though, don't do it much but make up for it when I do! No more sex on the beach for me though, I'm sticking to wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...