Find What you're looking for easily

Monday 17 September 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 32 Weeks!

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"You're probably gaining 450g a week, largely because your baby is likely to gain more than half his birthweight during the seven weeks before birth. Make sure you are eating well in these last few weeks.

Your bump 
will be getting quite big now, and you may find it attracts a lot of attention!"
 
What I feel this week:

I am starting to gain weight quicker than I was. I have reached the dreaded 11 stone mark (I weighed 9 stone 4 prior to getting pregnant second time round), which I am finding a little hard after losing so much weight once I'd had Cameron. I just keep reminding myself that I am gaining weight because of the baby I am growing and I can and will lose it again once she is born. My bump is massive and I definitely notice people staring every so often. I don't overly enjoy pregnancy but I do think I might miss my bump when it is gone! I had my 32 week antenatal check up with my doctor this morning which I didn't overly like as my doctor is an oldish man and didn't seem to have much experience with doing antenatal checks. I have my next consultant appointment on wednesday this week though, where I will have another growth scan to check the fluid levels so that will hopefully be able to put my mind at rest a bit.

What's going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Your baby now weighs about 1.7kg and is around 42cm long from head to toe. Although his lungs won't be fully developed until just before birth, your little one is busy inhaling amniotic fluid to exercise his lungs. From 32 weeks, babies born early have good chance of surviving and thriving. His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.
Some babies have a head of hair already, others have only a few wisps. Thick hair at birth doesn't necessarily mean thick hair later on. But children with fine hair in childhood also tend to have fine hair when they've grown up".
What my baby looks like inside this week:




What my bump looks like this week:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...