Find What you're looking for easily

Tuesday 21 August 2012

This Week I...... Explored a Giant Peach!

Yes, you did read that right. My mum, nan, Cameron and I went away for another couple of days, this time to Oxford. It was such a hot Sunday when we arrived that all I felt like doing was lying down in the cool hotel room. We went for a meal at lunchtime and then went exploring the local village.

Cameron exploring with his beloved toy monkey 'Mumby'


In the evening we had a picnic in the park. The next day we drove into a nearby town, Aylesbury, and went to the Roald Dahl Children's Gallery. I said it was for Cameron but to be honest it looked amazing and I wanted to go myself!



The gallery isn't very big, although it does cover a couple of floors. It fits quite a lot in, however, and I think it would be great for children aged 3 and up.

Cameron playing with a yoyo


Although Cameron did really enjoy it, he wasn't fully aware of what everything was, and would have enjoyed it more if he knew some of the characters.

In the Matilda Library room


I had a great time reliving some of the tales from my own childhood, and acting like a big kid. I even faced my fear of enclosed spaces when I went through the fantastic Mr Fox's tunnel at Cameron's insistance!

In the tunnel!


If you happen to be in the area (unlikely, I know), I would definitely suggest a visit. Tickets are reasonable at £6 an adult, £4 for concessions and children under 3 going free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...