Find What you're looking for easily

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 28 Weeks!

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"You're in the home stretch. The third trimester typically starts this week and lasts until the end of week 39 and sometimes even beyond. (Don't worry – 42 weeks is the maximum! After that, a mum-to-be is usually is induced to give birth.) Most women gain an average of 5kg during this trimester.

You're probably wavering between feeling as if you've been pregnant forever and being nervous about labour and birth. Checking off things on your to-do list can help. Start selecting possible baby names and begin thinking about life after your baby's birth as well".



What I feel this week:

I am so happy to be in the third and final trimester. This pregnancy has been dragging more than when I was pregnant with Cameron but 28 weeks feels like quite far along, only 12 weeks left! Being impatient is at least preventing me from worrying about labour. Having done it before I am not as nervous as I know roughly what to expect. I have a 'bring it on' attitude at the moment, I just want to get through it and meet my little baby girl! I have my midwife appointment today and will be able to ask about all the little worries I have been having and listen to the heartbeat which will help me feel more relaxed about everything.


What's going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Your baby weighs a little more than 1kg and may measure up to 38cm from top to toe. At about this time, she can open her eyes and turn her head in your uterus (womb) if she notices a continuous, bright light shining from the outside. She's getting used to blinking her eyes, which now have eyelashes.

Her fat layers are continuing to form and her bones are nearly developed, though they are still soft and pliable. Her bones won’t harden properly until after she's born".


What my baby looks like inside this week:


What my bump looks like this week:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...