Find What you're looking for easily

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Planning my Wedding: Deciding on a Theme!

As promised, the second installment of my wedding planning feature!

One of the most exciting parts of planning a wedding, I have always thought, is deciding on a theme which you can then work everything else around. I always thought I would use a deep purple in my wedding but when it came down to looking through magazines and coming up with ideas, I actually decided to drop purple completely and instead found myself drawn to a pale baby pink colour.



I have bought about five wedding magazines since getting engaged last month and have gone through them pulling out things that I liked. I then cut these out and put them in a file and looking through it, it is nearly totally pink!



Luckily Tim doesn't mind the wedding being very pink and girly, and he has made some input into the planning saying that he wants a pale grey suit, which actually works really well with the pale pink colour.



I didn't like the idea of just having one colour as a theme so we sat down and thought what theme would go with the colour. I came up with Sweetheart as I am obsessed with using sweets in the wedding, as favours, decorations and as part of the menu and the pastel shades of sweets go well with the colour scheme.



Hearts work well with the date of the wedding as it is going to be held in February, around Valentines day and I felt that the word Sweetheart conjured up images of pale pink hearts rather than the perhaps more 'traditional' red ones used around Valentines day.



I have also decided to have an 'accent' colour of cream/pearl and plan to wear pearl accessories on the day.




So far I have found a gorgeous dress I would love to have my bridesmaids in and have been planning the DIY invites shaped like hearts.



I am really happy with the theme and so excited to start putting the wedding together. We are trying to work out whether there is any chance of us being able to afford to get married in 2014 rather than 2015 at the moment, but if not I will just have to be patient (something I find extremely difficult!).


Coming next time: DIY plans to help cut costs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...