Find What you're looking for easily

Monday 13 August 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 27 Weeks!

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"You may be detecting rhythmic movements, which is simply your baby having an attack of the hiccups. They are common this week and throughout your pregnancy. A spell of hiccups usually passes in moments. The sensation for you may be strange, but rather comforting.

Since your uterus (womb) is now up near your rib cage, you may now find yourself short of breath if you haven't already. Starting now and continuing through the last three months of pregnancy, you may be plagued by leg cramps, haemorrhoids, varicose veins and itchy belly. Are pregnancy discomforts getting you down? Try some natural remedies to perk you up.


If a blood test for your rhesus status found you to be rhesus negative (RhD negative) earlier in pregnancy, you'll probably be tested for antibodies this week or next. These may be present in your blood if your baby is RhD positive, and you'll have what's called an anti-D injection to combat the incompatibility. You may be offered a repeat injection at 34 weeks".


What I feel this week:

I am loving how active my baby girl is, although it does mean that I get very worried when she has a lazy day! I get kicked and punched so much that I am beginning to get bruised but I don't really mind as I love feeling her moving around in there. I have been getting a few cramps in my leg lately and itchiness all over, especially my legs but luckily as of yet I have avoided any of the worse side effects of this stage of pregnancy. I have a midwife appointment next week which I am looking forward to. I have been feeling quite emotional again this week and cried last night when Gary Barlow sang on the closing ceremony for the Olympics.


What's going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Your baby now weighs nearly 875g and will probably measures more than 36cm from head to toe. His eyes open and close, he sleeps and wakes at regular intervals and he may suck a finger or thumb.

Sweet dreams, little baby! Some experts believe that babies begin to dream by week 27. What do they dream about? No one knows for sure but your baby's brain is certainly active now. The characteristic grooves on his brain's surface is starting to appear and more brain tissue is developing"

What my baby looks like inside this week:



What my bump looks like this week:


Don't know what I would do without my trusty maternity jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...