Find What you're looking for easily

Friday 10 August 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 26 Weeks!

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"Since your baby is now growing so fast, and brain development is so intense at this stage, your nutrition is very important. Continue to eat a well-balanced diet that includes plenty of grains and vegetables. Fibre-rich foods, including whole-grain breads and cereals, lentils and brown rice are high in vitamin B and help fend off constipation.

Your antenatal classes should start some time in the next few weeks, if they haven't already. Classes should provide you with good, clear information about the birth and the early days of parenthood. Keeping informed goes a long way towards calming any concerns you may have about giving birth".



What I feel this week:

I wish it was true that my antenatal classes were due to start soon. I have them booked in but they don't start until mid september so I still have a while to wait! I am definitely thinking more about healthy eating. In the last few weeks I have let my cravings take over a little and I have been eating a lot of 'bad' foods such as crisps and chocolate. I am aiming to be more healthy, especially as I am now getting further along in my pregnancy and don't want to gain too much weight. I have been cooking a lot of mexican food as that is definitely a big craving for me this pregnancy! I went away at the start of the week and met up with a friend who is 15 weeks pregnant, it made me see how far I have come so far in the pregnancy and feel a bit less frustrated with how slow the weeks are going by. I still have so much to do before the baby is here so I am trying to enjoy the relative peace before then.


What's going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Measuring your baby from top to toe with her legs extended, she is probably about 36cm. She weighs a little more than 760g. Your baby's eyes begin to open around now. Her response to sound grows more consistent towards the end of the seventh month, when the network of nerves to her ears is complete. She may be able to hear you and your partner chatting. Your baby also continues to take small breaths, getting plenty of practice for when she's born. It's all preparation for when she takes that first gulp of air".


What my baby looks like inside this week:



What my bump looks like this week:

Ta-dah!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...