Find What you're looking for easily

Sunday 29 July 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 24 Weeks!

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"You may be noticing stretch marks on your belly, hips and breasts. These faint, red or brown streaks are known as striae. Whereas creams won't erase them, wearing a supportive bra may help prevent or minimise them on your breasts.

They are very common at this stage of the pregnancy – about 90 per cent of women get them. After you've given birth, the reddish or brown pigmentation in the stretch marks gradually fades, and the streaks become lighter than the surrounding skin.

Also, your eyes may be light-sensitive and may feel gritty and dry. This is a perfectly normal pregnancy niggle known as dry eye syndrome. Try to rest your eyes as much as possible, and keep them clean with cotton wool and warm water".


What I feel this week:

My stretch marks from when I was pregnant before came back out to play a while ago now but recently they have gotten worse, and I have noticed a couple of new ones as well! I have been using bio oil every time I have a shower, and also using Palmers Cocoa Butter stretch mark cream every so often to help ease dryness and itching on my growing bump. I don't think the marks will fade at all whilst I am still gaining weight, but I am hoping that using the creams will help make them less obvious once I have had this baby and start losing weight again. If nothing else, it feels nice to spend a couple of minutes massaging the oil into my bump and connecting with my baby daughter. I try not to get upset abou the way stretch marks look and love this saying:




At the end of the day, my stretch marks show that I have carried my children, and this is such a huge acheivement that I don't mind that it makes me 'flawed'. I have been feeling a pain in my lower stomach a lot when walking lately, especially after overdoing it walking all over Paris last weekend. I have been advised by the midwife that it is completely normal ligament stretching pains, but it still hurts like hell and means I have been putting my feet up as often as possible, luckily this is easier now my mum is on summer holidays from work.


What's going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Your baby now weighs more than 600g. She is starting to fill the space in your uterus (womb). From crown to heel she could measure 30cm. Though your baby still has little body fat and her skin is thin and fragile, she's well-proportioned. Her brain is growing rapidly, tastebuds have fully developed, and her footprints and fingerprints are continuing to form. Inside her body, her lungs are developing branches of the respiratory tree as well as cells that produce surfactant. This substance will help her air sacs inflate once she reaches the outside world".

What my baby looks like inside this week:



What my bump looks like this week:

Yep, actually massive now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...