Find What you're looking for easily

Thursday 23 June 2011

Guest Blogger Nicola talks about Why Weight Watchers is the Way Forward in Weight Loss!

When I saw that Emma-Louise was looking for guest bloggers on a range of different subjects I quickly snapped up the chance of writing about Healthy Eating as I am currently following Weight Watchers which I think is a really good healthy eating/diet plan.

I’ve tried Slimming World at 3 different times in the past 6 years and I just couldn’t seem to get on with it, but Weight Watchers is so easy to follow although at the group everybody is quite cliquey and as I first went on my own I felt really awkward as nobody was willing to talk to me but that’s not a huge issue as it’s the plan I’m interested in more than anything. The Weight Watchers plan is a really easy way to eat healthily and I feel so much better since I have started it, I have so much more energy. Now onto the plan itself…


The main basis of the plan is ProPoints values, most people start off on 29 ProPoints per day. Although this varies depending on factors such as age, height, weight and gender. At your first weigh in your leader will work out your daily points on the ProPoints calculator for you. You can purchase these calculators at the group, I think they are about £10 or so. The calculator is an absolute godsend as it is small enough to fit in your handbag and means you can work out ProPoints on the go.



Pro-Points Calculator



You then have an additional weekly allowance of 49 ProPoints which you can either save up for a night out, treats or a takeaway or you can add 7 extra ProPoints to you daily allowance each day.

You can also ‘earn’ extra ProPoints for activity that you do each day, you can work these out from a chart that is included in one of the books in the starter pack you get. You earn more activity ProPoints if you do an activity at a higher intensity or for a longer period of time but obviously it depends from person to person.

Each food and drink is given a ProPoints value according to how your body burns the food and the calories available to your body after you have eaten it. The ProPoints value is worked out according to the protein, carbohydrate, fat and fibre in a food.

I find it so easy to eat my 5-a-day fruit and vegetables as the majority of these have a ProPoints value of 0, which is really good if you want to save some points. I think I must be Tesco’s best customer when it come to their melon and grape pre-packed fruit! They make it so much quicker and easier and each of the 400g packs contain 2 of your 5-a-day which is fab really! And they’re 2 for £3 too.

On a typical day I eat around 33 ProPoints and I never feel hungry as I’m constantly snacking on either fruit or Weight Watchers own brand snacks. You can buy these in most shops I think but Poundland (I’m all for saving money!) do a really good range, I really love the Ginger Crunch cookies they’re perfect for a little treat and only 2 ProPoints per pack of 2.


I find the plan really easy to stick to and in my first week doing it I lost 5lb which I was more than happy with, then an even better surprise in my second week I lost another 5lb so 10lb in a fortnight. I was so happy, they must have all thought I was mad grinning like an idiot! I know I won’t get these numbers every week as weight loss slows down to an average of 2lb a week after the first few weeks, but it’s a brilliant start and really helps to motivate you to carry on with a weight loss that good.

I went into TK Maxx to the exercise section and found some medicine balls, there were two 5lb ones so I thought I’d see what 10lb felt like. All I can say is oh my god! They were so heavy and I couldn’t actually believe that was what I had lost, I think it’s a good idea to go and do something like that (mad as it may seem) just to get a bit of perspective on how well you are actually doing, it really helps to keep your motivation up as well.

Weight Watchers is honestly so good and I would highly recommend it to everybody wanting to lose weight in a really easy way, I’ve even got my mum doing it now! Though registration can be quite expensive a good tip is to look at the weekend papers as you can quite often find vouchers in them for free registration, which is good as it saves you money. I got mine from The Sun on a Saturday I think. I do have around 2 or 3 stone to lose but definitely think this is more than possible with Weight Watchers, I will let you all know how I get on either on my blog or in part 2 of Emma-Louise's blog....


Remember to check back in the near future for more from Nicola on her weight loss story!

2 comments:

  1. Ive been on pro-points and it is by far the best weightloss plan I have been on! There's so much choice that I found myself not thinking about what was good or bad! Good luck with your weightloss! :)
    nadiine-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with yours too! I absolutely love the pro-points plan its just so easy. :)
    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...