Find What you're looking for easily

Saturday 22 January 2011

Review: Black Swan

I have just got back from the cinema where I saw Black Swan.



I had wanted to go since seeing the trailer on the tv and was in no way disappointed! I found the film absolutely amazing! I love Natalie Portman as an actress usually but this was her breakthrough role, she was incredible! She really portrayed the troubled, messed up lead as best as she could. I love psychological thrillers so this film was right up my street. It wasa little gory in places and my friend hid behind her hands at some points. It is also a little scary in some places and makes you jump. But then in other places the whole audience was laughing.

I don't want to give the plot away as that would totally ruin the film for you. But the basic story is of a ballet dancer who finally gets the lead role she has always desired and she pushes herself so hard, striving for perfection, that she ends up extremely messed up. The ballet she is performing in is Swan Lake and the film even made me want to go and see it at the actual ballet. The music is haunting and allows for an extremely emotional and dramatic climax to the film.

I shall stop there. But, if you like psychological thrillers, I urge you to go and see it. You will not be disappointed! In my own words, at the end of the film, 'I love a good mind f***'.

A link to the trailer is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1XOB-bs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...