Find What you're looking for easily

Tuesday 3 December 2013

My Hen Weekend!

As you may know, last weekend was my hen weekend!  It was something I had been looking forward to for months and I was very excited to see some friends I hadn't seen in ages. I did get a little upset when some close friends dropped out last minute but I was determined to not let anything ruin my weekend, even the head cold and cough my lovely children had given me!

The weekend started on Friday afternoon when my bridesmaid Becky arrived with my brother (they're engaged). Becky and I were meant to be having our nails done and a massage but half an hour after the therapist was meant to have arrived, we got a message to say she wasn't going to be coming. I had a stressful hour of phoning round other beauty therapists and having everyone tell me they were fully booked, before the first place I had rung got back to me and told me they would be able to fit us in, along with my sister who was arriving late that evening, for the next morning to have Shellac done and for me to have a massage as well. Able to relax, we watched the Sixth Sense with some wine and pizza.

The next morning we got up bright and early for our nail appointments. It was a little rushed as we needed to have everything ready for the rest of the weekend to take things with us. The salon was lovely and Jemma, who owns it, went out of her way to make sure we were having a good morning. We had the use of the private chill out room whilst we took it in turns to have our nails done and then I also had a lovely neck, back and shoulder massage before we went to meet the rest of the girls at a local spa.



The spa was great. We chilled out all morning by the Pool and used the Jacuzzi, aromatherapy cave, relaxation lounge and sauna before getting changed and going for lunch at Wetherspoons.







After lunch we had a quick shopping trip for a tiara/veil for me before checking into the hotel. We didn't end up with much time to get ready and just about managed showers and to get changed and have a quick Bucks Fizz in the rooms before we had to leave to get to our Photo Shoot.






At the Shoot we had our hair and makeup professionally done before having lots of photos taken in various groups with some silly props. I had brought a few more bottles of Cava with us too and the amazing cupcakes that had been made for us too. It was a great couple of hours and I cannot wait to see the photos!





After a quick taxi ride back into town, we met up with everyone else at local Indian restaurant Mint Leaf. The food there is amazing. I had to stop myself eating it all as I was worried I wouldn't be able to move if I did! It was so yummy and the meal was great. I was so happy to spend some time with all my closest friends and some family members too!






We started on the scavenger hunt and dare cards towards the end of the meal and, after another bottle of wine, we left and went on to a local Cocktail bar 'Smokin Aces'.









It was a great atmosphere in there and we had a brilliant time. I was even serenaded with Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire when my hens got into the swing of the scavenger hunt! Apart from twisting my ankle whilst trying to pinch as many bums as I could in 60 seconds, I didn't get in to too much trouble and we got back to the hotel at around 2am. It was an amazing night and I couldn't have asked for better friends to make it an awesome hen!

The next morning we met up at Wetherspooons for a full English and then after checking out at the hotel, we had a little wander around town for a girly shopping trip before my bridal shower in the afternoon.







Female relatives and a couple of friends met at The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel for Bucks Fizz and Bacon rolls with more delicious cupcakes. I opened some lovely gifts and then we played some very amusing games. It was a lovely afternoon! It was really nice to spend some time with everyone as well. After the shower we had a quick look at the wedding venue, which was next door, and then everyone went their separate ways.





I had an absolutely fantastic weekend and cannot wait to see everyone again at the wedding in 10 weeks time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...