Find What you're looking for easily

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 40 Weeks (Due Date!)

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"After months of anticipation, your de date has been and gone, and... you're still pregnant. It's frustrating, but lots of women find themselves in this situation.

In TV dramas, labour always begins with the waters breaking – in the middle of a crowded room, of course – just before contractions start. The reality is that, even if your membranes do rupture, your baby's head will tend to act like a cork at the opening of your uterus (womb). If you lie down, however, you may notice fluid leaking. Your body will continue to produce amniotic fluid until your baby is born.

Try to stay calm if your waters break or you start to feel contractions, but do call your doctor or midwife straight away. You may be advised to wait at home until contractions are really under way".



What I feel this week:

I am pretty impatient to be honest. My migraines are still really bad and codeine doesn't even work anymore which makes looking after Cameron near impossible. I didn't want to go into labour at the weekend as it was my mum's 50th birthday party, but now I regret wishing for baby to stay inside as now she is way too comfy in there.... I have now had two sweeps and, although I have had some signs of early labour, I am yet to go into full labour.... My induction has now been booked for next Tuesday so at least I know I will have my baby by the end of next week at the latest... Generally I am trying to take my mind off everything and just spend some time with Cameron and Tim before the baby arrives, but it is hard when I am now so massive that it is difficult to even move around the house. I will be so much happier when the baby is finally here with us!

What is going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Rest assured your baby is quite cosy where she is. She is getting a little heavier and may grow a bit more in length. The average baby is about 51cm long from head to toe and weighs about 3.4kg at birth. But if your baby is anywhere between 2.5kg and 3.8kg, that's a healthy weight.

Your baby continues to shed the greasy, white substance (vernix caseosa) which has been protecting her skin. If she shows no sign of making an appearance after another week, she may have slightly dry skin when she arrives.

Your baby has mastered all the skills she'll need after she's born. She can instinctively search for her thumb and suck it, just as she will search for your breast for a feed soon after birth".


What my baby looks like inside this week:




What my bump looks like this week:


huuuuuuuge





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...