Find What you're looking for easily

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Baby Carly Olivia Moore is Finally Here!

It's been just over a week since my last pregnancy update and I am so pleased to be able to finally say that baby Carly is now here!



I went into labour last Thursday 15th during a reflexology treatment. My contractions slowly got closer and closer together and I finally allowed my mum to persuade me to go into the maternity hospital at 10:30pm by which point my contractions were 3/4 minutes apart and I was 3cm dilated.

I had the gas and air after about half an hour and tried out the birth pool, although I had to get out quite quickly after the baby's heart rate slowed and I needed to be attached to a monitor for awhile. At around 3am I was examined and had my waters broken (I definitely still had high fluid levels as it went EVERYWHERE!) which really sped things up.

On gas and air


I was in a lot of pain and had a shot of pethidene to help me cope. I went from 4cm to 10cm dilated in around an hour and the midwife didn't believe me when I told her I was feeling pressure and needed to push. I had to stop using the gas and air as the pain was so intense and I needed to concentrate on getting my daughter our. After she eventually examined me it was time to push and within ten minutes I had my baby girl in my arms!



She was born at 4:34am weighing 7 pounds 15 and a half oz. It all went by in such a blur that I was pretty overwhelmed and couldn't quite believe I finally had my baby girl! Tim and my mum were amazing birth partners throughout and so encouraging. Tim cut his daughter's cord and got very emotional. I had a bath and got changed and we left the hospital at 9am, it was all very straightforward.

Our perfect little family <3


Since she has arrived I have been settling into being a mummy to two children. Cameron is loving being a big brother and keeps giving baby Carly lots of kisses and cuddles. I am so happy to have my little family complete and am looking forward to our first Christmas all together as well as finishing planning our wedding (just got to slim down before dress shopping!).

4 comments:

  1. awww congrats she is gorgeous, im getting so broody and lkoved reading your posts. Im getting married in 12 months so baby making all the way after that. one of each too, how perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Beautiful name you've chosen for her x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww amazing!! Congratulations, she is adorable! :)

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations hun :)
    She is so beautiful
    <3
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...