Find What you're looking for easily

Monday 15 October 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 36 Weeks!

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"You may begin to feel an increased pressure in your lower belly and notice that your baby is gradually dropping. This is called lightening or engagement, and your lungs and stomach will finally get a chance to stretch out a little – breathing and eating should become easier.
However, walking may become increasingly uncomfortable. Some women say it feels as if their baby is going to fall out. Also, you may still feel as if you need to go to the loo all the time.

The good news is that by the end of this week, your pregnancy will be full-term and you could give birth any day. Babies between 37 weeks and 42 weeks are considered full-term. A baby born before 37 weeks is premature and after 42 weeks is post-term.

Your may have noticed that your breasts are leaking a little. This is quite normal. They are producing the rich, first milk called colostrum that will give your baby a great start in life. If you feel like you're going into labour, your doctor or midwife will check to see if the neck of your womb (cervix) is starting to open. They'll look to see if your cervix is dilating, or widening, and effacing, or thinning.

Your midwife will be keeping an eye on what position your baby is in, to estimate how far your baby has dropped into your pelvis. This information will be entered into your maternity notes so that your midwife will know the position of your baby when you go into labour".


What I feel this week:

The end is finally in sight! I feel great now I have reached 36 weeks. With only one week until I am full term and able to safely have the baby, I am starting to feel very excited to meet our baby girl. I still don't feel that I will get to my due date (though she will probably stay in and end up overdue just to prove me wrong now!). I have my consultant appointment and growth scan this week so will see whether the fluid levels around baby are still growing or have reached their peak. There is a chance that they could decide to induce or give me a C-section if the levels are continuing to rise so I am preparing myself for this possibility. I also have my 36 week checkup with the midwife tomorrow so am hoping everything is still ok when I see her. I had a bit of a scare at the end of last week as I have been having severe migraines. I have been given codeine for them but after taking one and feeling very spaced out and sick, I don't think I will be using them again. My boobs haven't leaked, though they have begun to feel very heavy and hard lately so they could be about to, which I am prepared for with plenty of breast pads! Overall I am trying to be positive, something I haven't been much over the last eight months. I will be attempting some of the old wives tales once I get to full term next week (watch out for a future post on what these old wives tales are and whether they have worked for other mums). I am struggling to walk far and feel very fat and unattractive at the moment but I know it will all be over soon and totally will have been worth it! It's just a waiting game now...

What's going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Your baby is still gaining weight – about 28g a day. She weighs nearly 2.7kg and is about 47cm long from head to toe". (Not much this week basically!).

What my baby looks like inside this week:

What my bump looks like this week:

Mahussive....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...