Find What you're looking for easily

Monday 8 October 2012

Planning my Wedding: Booking the Venue and Meeting the Vicar


 Last time I posted about the wedding plans, we were in the process of booking our venue. Since then we have successfully paid our deposit and secured the venue for our wedding date. We are officially having our wedding reception on February 14th 2014- Valentines Day! I am so excited to have a date secured as it means we can start planning everything else now.

Totally hoping for snow!


Our Wedding Venue


The first thing I started planning once the deposit was paid was arranging a meeting with the Vicar at the church we want to get married in. It isn't my local parish, but the church I had Cameron Christened in last year, and one that is important to me for this reason. The chruch is also beautiful, really grand and traditional inside. We have been warned by the Vicar that the church is quite strict, but that we should be able to have our wedding there as we both lived within its parish for six months or more.





We are hoping to get married in the church where Cameron was Christened


We have a meeting with the Vicar at my house in a couple of weeks and I am hoping we will be able to get the church all booked then. I am pretty nervous meeting with the Vicar to be honest, it feels a bit daunting even though I met him a few times when arranging Cameron's Christening. I am so pleased we are going to be getting married in a church. Even though I am not the most religious of people, I feel that it is more traditional and romantic to exchange vows in the church. It is all so exciting!

I am hoping to find a photographer in the New Year, but wedding dress shopping is on hold until I have had the baby and lost all the baby weight, I am thinking probably next Spring/Summer. I have been putting together collages of all the ideas I have gotten from wedding magazines and my wedding dress ones look amazing, it is going to be hard to resist dress shopping!



1 comment:

  1. The church is simply lovely! It’s only polite to follow the traditions of the church where you are going to get married. Two years from now, you will deliver your vows with your fiancé in front of everybody. Where else can you have a ceremony so pure, but in a pure and spiritual place.

    Kelli Mueller

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...