Find What you're looking for easily

Monday 24 September 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 33 Weeks!

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"If you're a first-time mum, your baby's head may move into your pelvis this week and press firmly against your cervix. This happens for about half of all first-time mums. If you're a second-time mum, you can expect this to happen a week before labour. For some, this won't happen until the start of labour.

You may notice that your feet and ankles are quite swollen by the end of the day. Water retention, also known as oedema, is often worse in warm weather and late in the day. Surprisingly, keeping hydrated helps reduce water retention. Your body, particularly your kidneys, and your baby need plenty of fluids, so drink up. If you suddenly feel swollen or puffy in your hands or face, however, call your doctor – it may be a sign of pre-eclampsia".


What I feel this week:

I had a big scare on Saturday when I started getting contractions, three minutes apart and lasting a minute at a time. To make things worse I was in Bridport, in the middle of a farm, down a long country track when it happened. An ambulance was called as we had no signal to contact a midwife and the ambulance proceeded to get stuck in a cattle grid along the road! After getting another ambulance to rescue us from the first one, me and my mum were taken to Dorchester maternity unit where I was monitored and examined and eventually allowed to leave after they decided I wasn't in proper labour- thankfully! I have been told to take it easy, but it is pretty hard to do so with a two year old!

I haven't felt too swollen, it's just my tummy that is massive from all the extra fluid, which does get me down but I am trying to forget about it for now. I have my next scan and consultant appointment booked in for 36 weeks, with a health visitor and midwife appointment at 34 weeks. Everything does seem to be going faster now. It won't be long before my little girl is here!

What's going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Your baby now weighs about 2kg and measures up to 44cm from head to toe. She may already be getting ready for birth by turning upside-down. Her head should be pointing down, ready for her journey into the world.
Your doctor or midwife will be paying careful attention to your baby's position in the coming weeks. Some babies do decide to turn back round again.

Your baby's skull is still quite pliable. The plates of bone that make up her skull have not completely fused. This is so she can ease out of the relatively narrow birth canal, the passage between your cervix and the opening of your vagina. But the bones in the rest of her body are hardening. Your baby's skin is also gradually becoming less red and wrinkled as fat builds up underneath".

What my baby looks like inside this week:




What my bump looks like this week:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...