Find What you're looking for easily

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 30 Weeks!

What's going on with me this week:

Babycentre says:

"About a litre of amniotic fluid now surrounds your baby, but that volume decreases as she gets bigger and has less room in your uterus. As you and your baby continue to grow, don't be alarmed if you feel breathless, as if you can't get enough air. It's just your uterus pressing against your diaphragm.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though. At about 34 weeks (or just before birth, if this is your second or third pregnancy), your baby's head will move down into your pelvis as she gets into the right position for birth. That will make breathing and eating a lot easier.

Still thinking about where to have your baby? Check out our guide to your birth choices. Wherever you plan to have your baby, why not start thinking about what you'll need to pack in your bag ready for when you go into labour?"


What I feel this week:

It's ironic that Babycentre talks about fluid levels this week as I have just found out that I have abnormally high levels, which means I will be monitored closely for the remainder of my pregnancy. They only discovered the high levels because of a private scan that I had at the weekend (which was amazing, but more on that in another post). The private clinic phoned through to my hospital and I had an NHS scan booked to double check. I am now awaiting an appointment with a consultant. It is worrying, but at least if anything gets worse they will find out quickly through the monitoring. I finally allowed myself to pack my birth bags last night. I have had a list of what I needed to pack written since sixteen weeks and I have been slowly buying things for it over the last couple of months. I am so excited now I have packed the bags as it makes it all much more real. I still feel like ten weeks is a long time to wait, but knowing I won't go any more than 12 weeks, and that I am full term in just 7 weeks is pretty amazing! I have lots planned during September including Cameron's 2nd birthday next week, my baby shower, my antenatal classes starting and my nan's 80th birthday so that should make the next four weeks go quickly at least!


What's going on with my baby this week:

Babycentre says:

"Your baby now measures a little more than 39cm from crown to toe. Her growth in terms of her length will soon slow down but she will continue to gain weight until she's born. She probably weighs about 1.3kg at this stage.
Your baby's lungs and digestive tract are almost fully developed. She continues to open and shut her eyes. She can probably see what's going on inside your uterus (womb), tell light from dark and even track a light source. If you shine a light on your stomach, your baby may move her head to follow the light or even reach out to touch the moving glow.

Some researchers think baring your stomach to light stimulates visual development. But your baby won't be able to see much when she's born. Newborns can see a distance of only between 20cm and 30cm. Children with normal vision don't reach 20/20 vision (the same as an adult) until the age of about eight. To complete the picture, your baby now has eyebrows and can bat her eyelashes!"


What my baby looks like inside this week:


What my bump looks like this week:

Finally into the 30's! And at least I now know why my bump is quite big!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...