Find What you're looking for easily

Thursday 14 June 2012

What to Pack in your Hospital Bag

I often see women writing into forums and pregnancy groups asking what they need to pack in their birth bag. When it came to packing a bag for Cameron's labour I simply had a look online and came up with an extensive list from several that I found online. I probably only used about half of the things in the bag, but at least I was prepared for anything (and as you all know by now, I like to be prepared!). If you are currently pregnant and unsure of what you might need in your hospital bag I hope my list of what I will be packing this time might help you!

For You:










Beauty Bag:
Mini deodrant, shampoo and conditioner, shower gel, toothpaste, dry shampoo
Toothbrush
Face wipes
Flannel
Hairbrush
Lip balm
Tissues
Hairband
Hand sanitiser

Birth plan
Maternity notes
Mini handheld fan
Spray bottle of water/cooling spray
Bottled water
Snacks such as dried fruit, cereal bars and crackers
Mini fruit juice cartons
Bikini top and towel (if wanting a water birth)
Big comfy underwear (or disposable underwear if you would prefer)
Maternity pads
Nighties/PJs (one set for labour, one for after)
Baggy outfit to wear home
Phone charger
Camera and charger/batteries
Makeup
Change for machines/phone
Paracetemol
Nipple shields, nursring bra and breast pads (if you plan to breastfeed)


For Baby 



Sleepsuits
Vests
Scratch Mitts
Cardigan or Snowsuit
Blanket
Newborn size nappies
Cotton wool/gentle wipes
Going home outfit


For birth partners










Snacks
Bottled water
Change for car park and machines/phone
Copy of birth plan

                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this helps any other mums out there. I know that I definitely hadn't considered having a bag packed for the birth partners with Cameron's birth and as a result they had to take it in turns to go and buy food from a nearby petrol station (not ideal and very expensive) as we were all in hospital for a very long day after I was induced. My best piece of advice when packing the all important hospital bag? Pack for every eventuality and then you will have one less thing to worry about when you are in labour! Oh, and you will also need a newborn car seat in order to leave the hospital unless you are walking home. Make sure you know how you are getting home from the hospital and if someone is picking you up, make sure beforehand that your car seat will fit into their car. Will prevent a lot of stress on the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...