Find What you're looking for easily

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Product Reviews: Soap and Glory: Shower Products

As you may have seen in a recent post, I was one of the many people who got the Soap and Glory bumper set for Christmas and I have fallen in love! Rather than doing tonnes of individual reviews I have decided to group them, starting with Shower essentials: Clean on Me shower cream, Pulp Friction body scrub and The Righteous Butter Body Butter.

Clean on Me Shower Cream 500ml


What they say:

"Soft, smooth, sexy skin whenever you want it. Contains natural mandarin peel extract and a bonus built-in body lotion. Scented with our Original Pink™ fragrance.

Instructions for Use:

Apply a handful to damp skin, rub it into a thick, luxurious lather, and then rinse thoroughly"
 
What I say:
 
 
 
I have actually used this shower cream before as I have previously had it and I am not blown away by it to be honest. The smell is lovely and it will leave you feeling like you have definitely been pampered as the cream gives a nice softness to your skin that you don't get with every shower gel. However, as shower gels go, I have had better, and I would not have been impressed with this if I had bought it on its own. You really need to pump it a good few times to get enough out to use for your entire body and I can see myself getting annoyed when in a rush wasting precious time pumping a little out at a time. Not that impressed.
 
Pulp Friction Body Scrub 250ml
 
 
 
 
What they say:

"Get fresher, smoother and softer skin with fig powder, pumice, peppermint oil, lemonade tree liquid, orange waterjuice™ and vitaminballs™ (A,C,E). Scented with our new Fruitigo™ fragrance.

Instructions for Use:

Squeeze out a handful and rub it between your palms, then work it around in circles on damp skin. (You can start at your shoulders and work down, or tackle dry shins and feet before scrubbing up.) Rinse when you’re finished"

What I Say:



I have previously used two of Soap and Glory's body scrubs and had a different opinion on both. I found Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em to be awful but Flake Away to be amazing, so I used this not really knowing what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with the product. It seemed to leave my skin a lot smoother and acted as a brilliant prep for my fake tan, without feeling too harsh on my sensitive skin. Unlike the brand's other scrubs, this one also came in a tube rather than a tub which I preferred as it meant I used less product and didn't end up getting loads of water in the tub as well! The only down side I could find was the rather manly smell this product has. It reminded me of men's shower gels or cheap aftershave (think Lynx), which was not unpleasant as such but I didn't really intend on smelling like a man when coming out of the shower... Other than that though, a great product and I would buy again as it does what it says on the tin and then some.

The Righteous Butter Body Butter 300ml


What they say:

"Award winning body butter with softening shea butter and aloe vera. Smooth on a handful after your shower and you might swear you're wearing velvet. Scented with our Original Pink™ fragrance.

Instructions for Use:

After showering or bathing, smooth a generous handful of The Righteous Butter onto damp skin and massage lightly until it all sinks in"

What I say



This is another product that I have previously used and I love it! It has a similar scent to the shower gel, is nice and thick and creamy, goes on without too much excess grease and just does exactly what you want a body butter to do! I know some people rave about more expensive brands of moisturisers but to be honest I don't see why. This retails at £10.21 for a 300ml tub and it lasts and lasts. I love it and can not fault it. Perfect for making dry skin feel nice and soft and for smoothing skin in preparation for fake tanning. I was very pleased to find this product in my Big Splendour set!

Did you get the set for Christmas? Are you a Soap and Glory fan? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...