Find What you're looking for easily

Sunday 16 October 2011

I'm Poorly....again!!

So I told you all about my weekend plans in Brighton... well, in the end it turned out to be a bit of a disaster when I ended up getting very ill on Friday evening.

I had been feeling a bit unwell since I arrived, with a sore throat and a bit achey, but it wasn't until we arrived back at the hotel that evening that I was shivering and feeling absolutely awful. I got straight into bed and then spent the night tossing and turning, hallucinating with a fever. I ended up stripping all my clothes off but kept going from hot to cold, and I was sweating loads as well. It was an awful night.



In the morning my throat was in agony, I couldn't swallow without a huge amount of pain, and I still felt absolutely awful, achey and weak. My mum got me an appointment at a local doctors surgery and, after having our breakfast at lightening speed, we went to find out what was wrong with me.



Turns out I have severe tonsilitis and I was given strong antibiotics to get rid of it. I have taken 3 tablets so far and am feeling a little better. I am so fed up that it totally ruined my weekend away though. I did still have a good time on the Friday, but Saturday was mostly spent lying in a park in the sun. We did go for lunch with my friend Aimee though, and I met my friend Louise briefly, though as she is pregnant, I didn't want to stay for too long in case I gave her my germs.

The car journey back was a bit of a blur as I slept most of it. We got home a lot earlier than I originally planned, but it turned out ok as I watched the X Factor before getting an early night. I am hoping that I get over this pretty soon as I have only just got better from the flu. My immune system is obviously pretty weak at the moment. Any tips for building it up again would be most appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...