Find What you're looking for easily

Saturday 6 August 2011

A Lovely Summer's Day

My dad and sister Megan live in Essex so I don't see them as much as I would like. They have come down to Bournemouth on holiday and so today I got to spend the day with them, along with my mum, younger brother, and Cameron.

Me and Cameron with my dad and sister Megan last time I saw them in Essex
We went for a walk along Bournemouth beach, and stopped for lunch at a (very pretentious) fish restaurant. The specials board had starters for £9 and mains for £26! Luckily we found some slightly less expensive options on the main menu and I settled for a gourmet burger with cheese and bacon, and I asked for chips on the side because I assumed it didn't come with any. They brought my chips up before anything else! And then when we got our meals, mine did have chips so I gave them to my brother... My mum and him had fishcakes which were tiny, and came with a poached egg which was a little strange. My dad had a strange fish he had never tried before and my sister had a steak. We had dessert as well and I had Eton Mess which I had never tried before but was yummy (but probably not worth the £7 they charged!). A lot of people came into the restaurant, sat down and then got up and left seeing the prices! It was yummy food though and I had a lovely time.

After dinner we went for a walk along the promenade and walked a few miles along the beach. My brother and sister went on a giant inflatable slide which looked terrifying! It was pretty windy by this point and they were getting sand blown in their face on the way down. We walked back towards the hotel and said our goodbyes. It was a lovely day and I had a great time, especially catching up with my sister who I do not see enough these days.

Once back home I watched a few episodes of Come Dine with Me, something I am now obsessed with, and then Emma (the film), and worked on a mood board for a couple for my wedding blog (Emma's Events).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...