Find What you're looking for easily

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Introducing a New Section to my Blog!

I have always had an interest in clothes, shoes, accessories, but wouldn't say I follow fashion.... So I thought I would branch out a little and have a new section to my Blog on ideas for solutions to commonly asked clothing dilemmas!

To start off I will be looking at outfits that could be worn by guests to a Christening in Spring, inspired by people wondering what they should wear to Cameron's Christening on Sunday.

I have looked to my two most favourite High Street Shops for inspiration and come up with these gorgeous dresses:


New Look:
(all items currently available online at: http://www.newlook.com/)


From Left: Butterfly Tunic (£28.99) Floral Tea Dress (£26.99)  Floral Frilly Dress (Maternity) (£26.99)

I love the beautiful floaty material of this tunic dress. It is very flattering as it skims over any of your not so popular areas (bum, tum and arms!). The design is really girly and pretty too.

The floral trend isn't to everyones taste and I must admit I don't like it a lot of the time, but the last two pieces are gorgeous! The blue is really beautiful on the middle dress and the v-neck is just high enough to stop it being indecent for such a conservative occassion. The final dress, from New Look's Maternity range, is a flattering black, but is made more colourful with the pretty pink flowers. It floats over the bump but remains fitted on the top to create a stylish and comfortable dress for pregnant girls, and can even be worn by those who aren't pregnant but maybe just a little self conscious about their middle.

Dorothy Perkins:
(all items currently online at: http://www.dorothyperkins.com/)


From Left: Multi Border Ditsy Dress (£32)  Peach Polka Dot Dress (£32) Black Butterfly Dress (Maternity) £26

The dress on the left is my favourite as it is a flattering style with a mix of really pretty colours and I would probably wear this if I were a guest at Cameron's Christening rather than his mum!

The peach one in the middle would look great with a tan, the mannequin in the photo looks a little too pale for it in my opinion! It is flattering for those with small waists, but would also be great for anyone trying to disguise bigger hips and upper thighs as the dress flares out and then back in, ending just above the knee.

The final dress is from the Maternity range and features a cute butterfly design in coral against the navy of the dress. I noticed that most of the Maternity dresses from here stick to block colours and can look a little old fashioned and tired. This dress caught my eye because of the bold butterfly pattern and I think it would look gorgeous for a pregnant guest with some pretty coral shoes.

You'll notice that I have included a Maternity option, suitable for my pregnant readers as I know how frustrating it can be when you are pregnant and people ignore you when looking at clothes! You CAN look good whilst pregnant and I aim to bring you an alternative to each style dilemma!

If anyone would like me to ask me a clothing dilemma please send me an email at: yummymummyevents@hotmail.co.uk stating what the dilemma is, if you are happy to have your name used, and if you are looking for anything in particular or just an outfit in general.

1 comment:

  1. I have that dorothy perkins dress on the left! I can honestly say it's one of the most versatile things in my wardrobe at the moment. I've worn it on a night out with heels, of a day time with navy tights with boots, with grey leggings and pumps and it goes with so many of my cardigans!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...