Find What you're looking for easily

Friday 11 February 2011

Product Review: New! Batiste Dry Shampoo with a hint of colour (Blonde)






I was in Boots having a browse, trying to think of things I had run out of at home and remembered that I had run out of my usual Batiste dry shampoo. I have used other dry shampoos, some which are pretty expensive, but have always found this brand to be better (and cheaper!) than other ones. My favourite is probably the Fresh one as it doen't have much of a scent to it, just does what it says on the tin and freshens up my hair whilst making it appear less greasy.

The Boots I was in had a huge range of the dry shampoos and I spotted a new one which was for Blonde hair with a hint of colour to it. I thought it might be a good idea to get some, especially after reading the product information which said it was perfect for hair where the roots were coming through. My roots are starting to show as I am in need of more highlights soon, so this seemed like a product that was too good to be true. The shampoo was a little more expensive than one I usally get at £3.10, but as I theorised it would be making my roots look better too I thought it was worth the extra 90p.

I used the shampoo on greasy hair and it was good as a dry shampoo but didn't seem to be doing much to my roots. I thought I had better give it another chance, so used it with clean hair the next day to see if having lighter looking hair to start with would help the results show up. I am actually pretty disappointed in the product, if I am being honest, as it really hasn't done anything to my roots. I wasn't exactly expecting miracles at £3 a can, but as my roots are actually only a dark blonde, and some people's are therefore much darker, I was left feeling a bit annoyed. I don't think the product should really be advertised as having a 'hint of colour' as there was no sign of colour at all! I also don't really think it is worth 90p extra when it does nothing to the colour.
 
 
My roots before (yes, I know they are getting bad!)

 
...and after.... spot the difference! (If you can!)













Next time I will definitely be sticking to one of the normal dry shampoos. It has not put me off Batiste Shampoo, but has most certainly put me off buying this one again. I would be interested to know whether the other ones from the hint of colour range are any better so if you brunettes or red head readers decide to purchase it, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...