Find What you're looking for easily

Monday 2 March 2015

40 Things that Make me Happy

As I have depression, I try and focus on things that make me happy as much as I can. Sometimes even the simplest things can help. I started this blog post with the title 25 things that make me happy and had to adapt it, as it turns out a lot of things actually make me happy...



1. My children




Possibly an obvious one, but my kids can help bring a smile to my face simply by giving me a hug or a kiss or telling me they love me. I am incredibly proud of both of them.

2. Being in a happy relationship




This is hugely important to my overall happiness. My boyfriend Ed can make me smile even when I'm at my lowest. He knows how to cheer me up and just being with him makes everything so much better.

3. Chocolate



Cliché but for me chocolate is definitely high up there in the happiness stakes. Especially Lindor!

4. Boxing





I only started at the beginning of the year, so I'm not very good at it yet, but I find boxing is an excellent way to relieve stress and get fit at the same time. It's even better now Ed has got me and my sister Megan pink gloves to use in class- perfect!

5. The Beach



I am so lucky to live so close to the beach. When I am really stressed or depressed, just a quick walk along the beach listening to the waves crash can help cheer me up. In Summer there's no need to leave town either as we have beautiful beaches on our doorstep.

6. Christmas



I absolutely adore Christmas. It is easily my most favourite time of year , made even more magical since having children. I start getting into the Christmas spirit at the start of November and I love buying and wrapping gifts for other people just as much as I enjoy opening my gifts on Christmas Day. I love the Christmas Dinner. I love the songs and the decorations, our family traditions and having time off work to spend with my loved ones. Just perfect. Counting down already, haha.

7. Disneyland Paris




This is my happy place. A very expensive happy place, but my happy place nonetheless. I have been a fair few times but I can't get enough of it and would love to go again as soon as possible. I have been to Florida once but still prefer the Paris one, if only cos I'm terrified of flying! Disneyland Paris in Winter when it snows just makes it even more magical though.

8. Breaking Bad



I've been watching this from the start again with Ed and we are halfway through series 3. I love it and am just as obsessed and addicted as I was first time round.

9. Cheesecake



My love for Cheesecake grows daily. I must stop eating it so much though as I have gained a lot of weight in the past year, largely due to my love of this delicious dessert.

10. Cupcakes




Not surprising I've been gaining weight as another thing that makes me happy is cupcakes. I fell in love with the Yule Log cupcake Tesco did this Christmas. Fortunately for my waistline, it was a seasonal product, but I manage to find new favourites often.

11. Bucket List



Completing stuff from my bucket list makes me happy, even if I am scared at the time. Lately I have done a zipwire from the Pier and ridden a horse for the first time.

12. Fajitas (and Mexican food in general)



I love Fajitas and would eat them in every restaurant I went to if given the chance. I also currently love Strawberry Margharitas, which works well being a Mexican cocktail. Win, win!

13. Days out with the kids


 

 


Being a family and going out, even if just to the park, feels extra special now I am working full time. I always try and do something with the children on a Sunday and I love making memories with them.

14. Dreams




I am a born planner and I love deciding what I want to do in the future. I will eventually get to New York haha.

15. Glitter



I am such a typical girl. I love Pink. I love glitter. Add them together and I would be in heaven.

16. Pretty Things



Following on from pink and glittery things, I am also a sucker for pretty gifts. I love my Pandora charm bracelet, which was most recently added to on Valentines day with a gorgeous charm from Ed.

17. Dressing Up




I love an excuse to dress up, whether it's to go to a party or for a themed Murder Mystery night... I just love making the effort to look nice.

18. Family time



I love spending time with my family. We are very close and I feel I have a proper support network.


19. Friends (The TV show)




Friends never fails to cheer me up (apart from the episode where Ross & Rachel split up, that's just horrible and makes me sad). I turn to it when I am down, lonely or unwell.

20. Seeing the children Smile





This can instantly brighten up my day

21. Pizza



I love Pizza. A little too much... See comment above regarding weight gain and understand why...

22. Romance





I understand that girls are generally more romantic than boys. I am lucky to be with someone who is romantic. It doesn't have to be huge gestures, the little things really count. The surprise horse riding was pretty bloody amazing though. Just saying...

23. Prosecco




I never really drank this until my soon to be sister-in-law got me onto it and now it is my drink of choice on a night out. Not everywhere does it by the glass though, and I'm not quite rich enough to be buying it by the bottle so for these times I fall back to my good old friend Rose wine.

24. Selfies




I am the queen of selfies. I take them all the time. My iPhone camera roll is basically made up entirely of selfies. That and photos of my food... I'm not even ashamed.

25. Snow



I love snow. Unfortunately we rarely get any down south. This was taken on the one day this year that it has snowed, and it had cleared by lunchtime....

26. Sunday Lunch



I am a sucker for a good sunday lunch. I hate carverys though and much prefer either home cooked or a nice country pub lunch.

27. Sister




My sister and I weren't always close as there's quite a big age gap but in the last couple of years we have become much closer and I see her as one of my best friends. I am lucky to have her.

28. Sunny Holidays



I need another one of these soon! I love getting away from everything and having a cocktail somewhere hot and sunny. I really want to go to a Greek island next, and the Maldives, but may have to wait for a lottery win for that one.


29. Friends




I will admit, I don't have a lot of these. And some of the ones I do have are far away. I am lucky enough to have a 'work bestie' though who I have had some amazing times with in the past few months.

30. Sunrise



Self explanatory really.

31. Sunset



As above.

32. Tattoos



I love my tattoos. They all mean something to me. I do want more but I will stop after a couple more as although I have nothing against tattoos all over women, it is not something for me.

33. Winter Wonderland



Another happy place of mine. It's like Christmas all in one park. Love it!

34. Takeaway



I don't tend to have a lot of takeaways, fortunately or I would be the size of a house, but I love a good Indian when I am feeling low or lazy, or both. Perfect with a film and the boyfriend by my side.

35. Quotes



You may have already noticed this, but I love a good quote. I tend to find a lot that mean something to me. Sometimes I use quotes to let people know how I'm feeling as well.

36. Modelling


I used to model a fair bit and I loved it. Really want to get back into it as it made me smile.

37. Music



Music really can do the above. I love a good sing along to my favourite songs. Especially the Frozen soundtrack in my car. There is nothing that can't be fixed by a good sing along to Let it Go!

38. Fresh Bedding


I don't get round to putting fresh sheets on nearly enough. I love the feel of them and the smell of them. Everything just feels better when your sheets are fresh!

39. Easter Egg



I don't know what it is about Easter Eggs that somehow make chocolate taste even nicer... but they do... and I love them. Only had one so far this year, I need more!

40. Baking




I'm not brilliant at it, but I love to bake. It relaxes me and who doesn't love eating yummy homemade baked things?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...