Find What you're looking for easily

Sunday 18 March 2012

Film Review: Timer

One of the latest films I got through LoveFilm was one called Timer. I hadn't heard of it before seeing it on the database, and it was a straight to DVD film which made me a little wary. However, it sounded like a fun and unique concept for a plot so I decided to get it and give it a go. I watched it Friday afternoon with my mum and brother and it was pretty good.




The film is based around a device which allows you to see a countdown to the day you meet your soulmate or 'one'. The device is called a Timer and works much the same way as a TV package where you pay a one -off installation fee and then a monthly charge. The lead character is a woman nearing thirty who has a blank Timer, which means that her soulmate has yet to have their Timer installed yet. She has been desperately trying to find men without Timers to date and then persuade to have a Timer installed to see if they are her 'one'.





Without giving too much away, she ends up falling for someone but their different opinions about Timers causes problems between them. There is also a sub-story following her stepsister who has a Timer which has a huge countdown time, and her brother who has his Timer installed when he turns fourteen and finds his 'one' straight away.

I am in no way saying this film is Oscar worthy. I can see why it didn't make it into the cinemas even. It is not going to be for everyone. However, for someone like me who is interested in gadgets and what the future might bring, I found it really fun to watch. My brother is seventeen and definitely not one to watch rom coms, but this film has a slightly indie edge to it and I think he liked that. Having said this, it is probably one to watch with the girls and a bottle of wine rather than a boyfriend.

Have you seen this film? Would you watch it based on what I've told you? Have you seen any good films lately that you would recommend for me to put on my LoveFilm list?





1 comment:

  1. Oh this actually sounds quite good I think! I haven't even heard of it, maybe one to add to my lovefilm list too!x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...