Find What you're looking for easily

Tuesday 24 January 2012

10 Day Life Experience Challenge: Day 04. The most heartbroken you have been, tell the story.

I think the most heartbroken I have ever been was when I found out I had been cheated on in my first relationship. It happened a few times, in fact, and never got any easier to deal with. To find out that the person you loved and trusted over anyone else had betrayed you is the worst feeling. Anyone who has been cheated on can relate to me and understand what I am speaking about.



The worst feeling for me was not that my boyfriend had done sexual things with another girl (a friend of mine in fact, nice girl), but that other people knew about it before I did. I felt as if they had all been laughing at me behind my back and I just found that hard to cope with.

Don't ask me why I kept going back to a guy who clearly didn't care about me. I was young, naieve and wanted things to work out. Looking back I can see how silly we both were to keep trying to make it work. If someone cheats it is ultimately because there is something wrong with the relationship you are currently in. Harsh but true.

I don't mind that I have been heartbroken in the past as it has taught me valuable lessons. The trick is to not let the past haunt you and cause you to mistrust future boyfriends, something that has also happened to me in relationships since. I love this saying:

You have to take the good with the bad.
Smile with the sad. love what you got
And remember what you once had
Always forgive, but never forget
Learn from mistakes, but never regret
People change, things go wrong
Just remember... life goes on...

1 comment:

  1. Being cheated on is such an awful thing especially when you actually love that person. Heartbreak is the worst pain too. Love your saying on the post-very true. All I would say is that you learn something from everything like that and the lesson I've learnt in past relationships have taught me how to be in this relationship. xx
    www.atwentysomethingmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...