Find What you're looking for easily

Saturday 10 December 2011

A Christmas Filled Post

I have seen this post done by a few bloggers lately including Rachel at Life of a Sweetaholic. As I love an excuse to talk about Christmas, I thought I would do it too!

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Can I say neither? I hate the idea of egg nog but have never ever liked hot chocolate either! I just don't like hot drinks full stop.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
The elves wrap them at the dead of night when all the children are sleeping.... and Santa just places them nicely under the tree... :P

Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
I have white on mine but mum has coloured. Depends on the tree and rest of decorations really.

Do you hang mistletoe?
I have some hung on my bedroom door but I think I shall start carrying it around to give me an excuse to kiss my boyfriend (and make him less of a Grinch) 


I put them up as soon as it turns December if I can stand the wait (this year I did it just before December!).

 What is your favourite holiday dish?
I love all food over Christmas! I love the christmas dinner, all the snack food we have in the evening and all the chocolate and biscuits and chocolate cake mmmm.... *drools*
 
 

Favourite Holiday memory as a child?
We used to go to Disney every year just before Christmas for a few years and I absolutely loved it! We would travel back on Christmas Eve and stay at my aunt's in Kent. I remember it snowing in Paris and feeling so Christmassy, and then the drive back to Calais listening to Christmas songs wrapped up in blankets.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
When I was seven and caught mum putting money under my pillow as the tooth fairy.... I then put two and two together and realised if the tooth fairy wasn't real, neither was Santa, boohoo!!

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I don't usually but this year I have some Christmassy pjs that I want to be wearing Christmas morning, so I may just have to open them Christmas Eve!

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I have turquoise and silver tinsel and baubles and white christmas lights and a silver glittery star on the top. I don't put chocolate on my tree as the lights would melt it and I prefer to just eat selection box chocolate

Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I absolutely love it!! I know a load of people who hate it but I am definitely not one of them! I love to go out in the snow and take loads of photos. I also like being in the warm all wrapped up and cosey whilst I watch it fall as well.
 
 
Can you ice skate?
I can't despite the fact that I went out with a very good ice skater for two and a half years and even worked at the Ice Rink in Bournemouth one Christmas (on skate hire). I tried so hard to learn and managed to just about do it just as me and the bf split up for the last time, so I then had no need to go skating and haven't tried in four years...

Do you remember your favourite gift?
Probably has to be my GHDs which I got from the aforementioned ex boyfriend when I was 16 and were still in working condition when I gave them away to a friend in need this autumn! I have loved loads of gifts though, people always buy well for me.
 
 

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending quality time with my family, seeing old friends, and giving lovely presents to all those I love.
 
What is your favourite Holiday Dessert?
I love chocolate pudding with squirty cream!

What is your favourite holiday tradition?
Having bacon sandwiches and bucks fizz in the morning, and going for a walk by the sea to visit my grandad's bench.

What tops your tree?
A glittery silver star
 
 

Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I love giving gifts. I love choosing what to give people, shopping for the gifts in the Christmassy atmosphere, wrapping them all up whilst listening to Christmas music, and then giving them to friends and family. I also love getting gifts, but prefer giving than receiving...

Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
Yuck. They just don't really taste of anything do they?!
 
 

Favourite Christmas show?
Gotta love the Eastenders Christmas special, even if it is always dead depressing and I don't watch it the rest of the year... I also love a good Christmas special of other shows.
 
I always think that David Essex's version of A Winter's Tale is really sad. It is about a relationship that has ended just before Christmas and I think that in itself is reason enough for it to be considered a sad Christmas song!
 
 


Favourite Christmas Song?
It's gotta be either Shakin Stevens or All I want for Christmas by Mariah... I also love Last Christmas by Wham  




Saddest Christmas Song?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...