I know some people have asked me about what my healthy eating plan consists of so I thought a little blog every so often on recipes I use might be an interesting way to let people know how I am keeping hunger at bay whilst eating healthily and losing weight!
You will need:
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 packet of ready to heat rice (of course you can use normal rice, I just always ruin rice!)
- 1 carton of chopped tomatoes
- 1 packet of Fajita Spice Seasoning
- 2 Peppers (I use red and green ones but any will do!)
- 1 tomato
What to do:
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and fry it in oil in a saucepan
- Using a fresh chopping board (or having washed the previous one to re-use) chop the peppers and tomato into small chunks
- (If you are cooking the rice from fresh, start cooking now)
- Add the fajita spice mix to the chicken once it is completely cooked (you may need to add some more oil or the spice mix may stick to the pan). I use the entire packet but if you don't like things too spicy I would suggest only adding half or even less, work with your own individual tolerance for spice!
- Now add in the peppers and tomato and also pour in the chopped tomatoes, stir well
- Heat the rice in the microwave (the one I use takes 2 minutes, but make sure you check)
- Leave the rice to stand for a minute and then pour the majority* onto a plate, pour over about 3/4* of the curry.
*I then pour the remaining rice and curry into a small container and use this the next day for a quick and easy lunch, though of course if you are feeling really hungry then you could just have the whole amount at once! *
If you make my homemade curry i hope you like it as much as I do.
Next time I will go through my lunch options including a yummy take on the chicken wrap :)